Zeal CAD reverse engineering to generate data from any physical component whose size data are unavailable. This reverse engineering can save considerable time and resources.Our designers are skilled in creating 3D models, manufacturing drawings and generating manufacturing data from any given physical products / components, assemblies, detail drawings.
Drafting and detailing
We ensure the generation of layout and assembly of products to ANSI, ASME, BIS, DIN, JIS and ISO or any other standard other specific client.
We offer our services 3D CAD modeling in the design of control mechanism, motor-related compressor, valves, blades, transmission simulations, virtual prototyping and validation of the functional test of dynamic systems.
What is reverse engineering?
Engineering is the profession involved in the design, manufacture, construction and maintenance of products, systems and structures. At a higher level, there are two types of engineering: forward engineering and reverse engineering.
Before engineering is the traditional process of moving from high-level abstractions and logical designs of the implementation of a physical system. In some situations, there may be a physical part, without any technical details, such as drawings, bills of materials, or without engineering data, such as thermal and electrical properties.
The process of duplicating an existing component, subassembly, or product, without the aid of drawings, documentation, or a computer model known as reverse engineering.
Reverse engineering can be considered as the process of analysing a system to:
- Identify system components and their interrelationships
- Create representations of the system in another form or a higher level of abstraction
- Create the physical representation of this system
- Reverse engineering is very common in fields as diverse as software engineering, entertainment, automotive, consumer products, chips, chemicals, electronics and mechanical design. For example, when a new machine comes on the market, competing manufacturers can buy a machine and remove the d’apprendre how it was built and how it works. A chemical company can use reverse engineering to defeat a patent on the manufacturing process of a competitor. In civil engineering, bridge design and construction are copied from past successes there will be less chance of catastrophic failure. Software engineering, source code is often a variation of the source code of other good.
- In some situations, designers give form to their ideas using clay, plaster, wood, rubber or foam, but a CAD model is necessary for the manufacture of the part. As products become more organic in form, the design in CAD may be difficult or impossible. There is no guarantee that the CAD model will be acceptable close to the sculpted model. Reverse engineering provides a solution to this problem because the physical model is the source of information for the CAD model. This is also known as CAD-part process.
- Another reason for reverse engineering is to compress product development time. In the highly competitive global marketplace, manufacturers are constantly looking for ways to shorten time to market a new product. Rapid product development (RPD) refers to recently developed technologies and techniques that help manufacturers and designers to meet the requirements of product development time reduced. For example, injection molding companies must drastically reduce the tool and die development time. Using reverse engineering, product, or three-dimensional model can be quickly captured in digital form, remodeled, and exported for rapid prototyping / tooling or rapid manufacturing.
- The reasons for reverse engineering a part or product:
- The original manufacturer of a product no longer produces a product
- There is inadequate documentation of the original design
- The original manufacturer no longer exists, but a customer needs the product
- The original design document was lost or never existed
- Some bad features of a product should be designed out. For example, excessive wear could indicate whether a product should be improved
- To strengthen the good characteristics of a product based on the long-term use of the product
- To analyze the characteristics of good and bad competitors products
- To explore new avenues to improve product performance and functionality
- To win the methods of benchmarking competitive products to understand and develop better products
- The original CAD model is not enough to make any changes or current manufacturing methods
- The home provider is unable or unwilling to provide additional rooms
- The original equipment manufacturers are either unwilling or unable to provide spare parts, or the cost of inflated demand for single source parts
- To update obsolete materials or antiquated manufacturing processes with more current, less expensive technology
Reverse engineering allows the duplication of an existing part in capturing the physical dimensions of the component, the characteristics and properties of materials. Before attempting to reverse engineer a well-planned life cycle and cost / benefit analysis should be performed to justify the reverse engineering projects. Reverse engineering is generally profitable only if the elements to reverse engineer an investment will be high or reproduced in large quantities. Reverse Engineering a party may be tempted, even if it is not profitable, if the room is absolutely necessary and is mission critical to a system.
We can say that reverse engineering starts with the product and working through the design process in reverse to achieve a product definition statement (PDS). In doing so, he discovered as much information as possible about the design ideas that have been used to produce a particular product.
Benefits of outsourcing reverse engineering in the preparation of Detail and Design, Inc.
The major advantage of our services is that you get qualified engineers to work on your projects quickly and affordably. You can benefit from our services for:
- Get a complete overview of competing products
- Analyze your products and parts in detail to develop the most effective development plan
- Improve product quality
- Developing comprehensive product documentation and 3D models modifiable catering to modern manufacturing standards
- Reduce the costs of product development by building prototypes in digital format
- Minimize time to market faster prototype testing and development process optimized
- Improve the agility of your organization to market trends and consumer demands
- Meeting the needs and regulatory requirements of the patent application submission for your products
- Increased emphasis on improving product feature while our skilled resources to create 3D drawings
Detail drafting and design, reverse engineering services Inc:
The accuracy depends on the reverse engineering process for the different parts of the product. Detail drafting and Design, Inc. team has years of experience in the construction of technical drawings, 3D models and 2D scanning, which is a clear distinction from other engineering companies around.
Our reverse engineering services include:
- Detailed analysis dimensions / geometry
- Analysis of materials and surface
- Electrical analysis
- Inspection of quality control
- Manufacturability Analysis
- Design for manufacturing (DFM) analysis
- 2D and 3D drawings
Mechanical 2D Drafting Services include:
- Orthographic, axonometric perspective projection from 3D models
- details of 2D assemblies 2D or vice versa
- Corrections to existing 2D projects involving changes in the standard materials and manufacturing details
- 2D exploded view of a set
- projects in 2D or fabrication drawings using the methodology of reverse engineering of existing physical components
- BOM (Bill of Material)
- ECO (engineering change orders)
- Concept generation
- Development of prototypes and testing
- Evaluation and Documentation
- Tool design and development of tools for plastic components
- Tool design and development of tools for sheet metal components
- Manufacture of components and services supply
- Identify the design parameters and specifications critical
- Develop design solutions
- Evaluate design solutions to meet the needs of our customers
- Templates and Design Lighting
3D mechanical drafting and 3D modeling include:
- Creation of geometry frame wire
- 3D modeling parametric feature based, solid modeling
- Freeform surface modeling
- The automated design of assemblies, which are collecting coins and / or other assemblies
- Validation / verification of designs against specifications and design rules
- Bi-directional parametric association (modification of any element is reflected in all the information based on this function, drawings, mass properties, assemblies, etc.)
- Interference and clearance checking of assemblies plate
- The inclusion of programming code in a model of control and are the desired attributes of the model
- 3D models / assemblies of 2D detail / sets
- 3D rendering of manufacturing drawings full
- 3D section views
- 3D exploded views Assembly
- 3D models using the methodology of reverse engineering